Tuesday 23 February 2016

USA USA USA

I'm analysing double page spreads to learn how to lay out the double page spread in my magazine.

On this Q double page spread there is one main image of the band in the background spanning the whole width. It uses the rule of thirds by putting main parts of the page on the third line such as the title Florence, the first column and Florence's tits drawing the eye to all these points.

The page has a red, black and white colour scheme which matches Florence's hair and outfit and the stripes on the American flag. The title "USA got the love" tells us what the article is about and is supported by the theme of the photo. 
The article starts off with a drop capital giving it a glamorous feel which I'd like to use in my mag.

On my double page spread I will use an image of the band fitted to the rule of thirds with a big title across the top that matches the picture with a smaller subtitle beneath it. I will also use a drop capital and 3 columns in my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment